Yes, I tried to sell this late last summer but got no bites, then decided to keep it. Then I got some interest in this bike, so I’m deciding to sell. While I love this bike, it is a tad on the small side for me, and I really don’t give it the attention it deserves. I have some big bike projects coming up, and am in the mode of downsizing my bicycle collection. So I’d rather not hold onto a “sunny day” bike, I’d rather let someone else enjoy this bike!
Here are the pertinent details:
- 1953 Rudge Sports
- 21″ frame
- 26″ x 1 3/8″ (aka EA 3, 650A, or more accurately ISO 590) wheels. Generic gumwall tires.
- Sturmey-Archer AW three-speed hub, rare alloy (aluminum) shell, date stamped 1953. Functions smoothly.
- Rear wheel is original to bike with Endrick/Raleigh-pattern rim. Front wheel came off a 1970’s era Raleigh three-speed, has a plain rim but has a hub with oil port. Both rims are steel. Some rust on braking surface of rear rim.
- 48 tooth chainring with 20 tooth rear cog
- Bottom bracket has oil port! Overhauled in the last year.
- Raleigh side pull caliper brakes with modern brake pads, front pads have leather for better performance on steel rims.
- More modern quill stem, flipped “North Road” handlebars
- Comes with 70’s era “Union” brand bottle generator and headlamp.
- Comes with a brown Brooks B17N (narrow) leather saddle and Minnehaha barrel bag attached to saddle. (Includes spare tube.)
I’m asking $275 or best offer. If you buy it for $275 I’ll throw in a spare generic tire plus a set of silver Planet Bike “Cascadia” fenders that should fit this bike.
Bike is available for viewing in Woodlawn in NE Portland. I’d rather not ship this bike.
Maybe you’ll be the person who can give this cool bike the love it deserves?