We just received a communique from a reader wanting to know more about this particular bike. Anyone have any leads?
I have a three speed and I cannot seem to find out much about it. There are weathered Triumph decals but no Triumph headbadge and no evidence there ever was one. Just a capital “T”. The serial numbers I have found are on the seat stays bridge, PG88060326 and a 417 stamped under the bottom shell bracket. Here are the particulars I have found.
- Hub – Sachs Torpedo Dreigang 36. Coaster brake.
- Seat – SMP SELLE (made in Italy)
- Hand grips – Plastiche Cassano.
- Dynamo – DDR Ruhla. 8007.3. 6v 3w.
- Head light lens – Top– APP.MIN.LL.PPN 1846/81. Right side –CH 1 1203.
- Bottom –Dansi. Left side — K10724.
- Tail light (one piece)– Top half –CH10336. Bottom half — Bumm 334.
- IA, Ei (encircled) 0131308R3.
- K30 006, BS 6012/2, NL (encircled)
- TP RBi 87037
- Pedals — Buchel Germany
- Kickstand– made in Italy.
I have looked at pictures and haven’t found any thing with this kind of frame style.
My guess is it’s from “The Continent”, like the Netherlands or somesuch.