Hello friends and fiends. It’s just two short days until the first Three Speed Ride of 2016 occurs! Meet me Sunday morning, March 20th, at 11 am. We’ll be meeting at Rivelo, 401 SE Caruthers. This is just across from the rail museum, just east of the Tillikum Crossing, and a stone’s throw from the OMSI/SE Water MAX station on the Orange line. We’ll depart at 11:30 am and ride somewhere between 10 and 20 miles, end somewhere with food and adult beverage, and have a tea stop somewhere in between.
And please remember that this ride is only for bikes with internally geared hubs from 2 to 5 speeds. No single speeds, hub gears bigger than 5 speeds, or derailleurs. (The exception is a Brompton with a two-speed derailleur and a three speed hub. You just can’t use the derailleur.)
Notes for this ride:
- Man, this weather right now is nice, huh? Well, unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’s going to last into Sunday. In fact, Sunday’s forecast doesn’t look so good. In fact, I’ve stopped looking at the forecast. In any case plan for rain and hope for not-rain.
- Initially I’m hoping for a 20 mile ride, but if it’s raining enough, I may truncate the route a bit.
- As stated above, we’ll be ending in an indoors spot for food and drink. I hope you can stick around, it will be fun!
- At the end, I’ll have a few prizes and giveaways. I may do it as a trivia contest, or just give stuff away based on want or need. We will see.
- We’ve sold out of all the memberships! Whew! It will still be a few months until the new membership packets are ready. I’ll have a handful of old buttons though, if anyone wants them.
- And this Three Speed Ride will make the debut of a new bike!