Hello folks! Sorry, life got in the way this week, so that’s why this dispatch for the third week is so late. Also, in the last few days I’ve gotten a couple reports from people who have been doing it all along. This report won’t reflect those folks (mostly because I just want to get this out!) but will be in the Fourth Week Report.
Okay, with all that out of the way…
Three full weeks have gone by. And that means we have people who have completed the challenge! Who are they?
- Four Season Cycling: Doug in Duluth
- Tuckamore Dew: Keith in Edmonton (but not THAT Keith.)
- Five Toed Sloth: Scott in Pennsylvania.
- sirpsycole Brian in New Jersey.
- Tim in Springfield, Ore. (See report below)
- Jack in Mankato, Minn. (See report below)
- Jeremy over in Denmark!
- Vince in Portland.
Now, here are folks who are on their second week.
- Wombatgrrl, aka Ann of Minneapolis.
- Gary, also of the Twin Cities Metroplex. His full report will be in the next one.
- PepeSaysWhat, aka Russell out on Long Island.
- Bicycle Kitty, aka Maria in Portland. (Forgot to put this on the original post!)
- Celestial Cycles, aka Terry in Bellingham. (Forgot to put this on the original post!)
- Me me me!
Jack in Mankato:
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016Bike: Kabuki Tourist Three Speed (Sturmey Archer Equipped)Distance: 5.1 milesPurpose: A rain shortened recreational night ride along the Red Jacket Trailsouth of Mankato, Minnesota with a stop at Weagel Park.
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016Bike: Kabuki Tourist Three Speed (Sturmey Archer Equipped)Distance: 5.2 milesPurpose: A utility ride to the Blue Earth County Library and grocery store to completeerrands. The photo is of a limestone carved white buffalo, the spiritual symbol of theDakota people. It is located in Mankato Minnesota’s Reconciliation Park, across thestreet from the Blue Earth County Library. The buffalo was carved from a single sixty
seven-ton piece of local kasota stone.
- Friday, October 21, 2016Bike: Kabuki Tourist Three Speed (Sturmey Archer Equipped)Distance: 5.4 milesPurpose: A utility ride to the Credit Union for cash and to the grocery store for dinnersupplies. Photo taken at Minnesota Valley Federal Credit Union, Mankato, MN.
- 16 Oct Rode Azuki 9.5 miles to downtown Eugene and met friends for coffee at Perugino’s in the morning. Since it was 54F and raining I used my raincape and managed to stay mostly dry on the way there, on the ride home did a couple detours and ended up wet to the knees and down the collar front on cape.
- 19 Oct Took Azuki to go find a new set of half clips for the Dahon. Right at 11 miles and 60ish and dry. I couldn’t find the size of clips I need, but hit Ninkasi and Coldfire a couple more of the pubs on the Ale Trail, so a good ride/time was had. Practicing for the ride on Sunday! Busy enough the bike racks were full, I had to lock up on the dumpster…
- 21 Oct I wandered 6.2 miles on the to do my banking, get the mail, buy nylock nuts, and cruise to Hutch’s Bicycles in Springfield. A balmy 62F, dry pavement and overcast. Kind of a lazy ride on a lazy day.