Hello friend of Three Speeds! Yes, it’s been awhile. What can I say, I’ve been busy with life. And this whole Society is a labour of love by one man.
So, what’s going on and what’s to come?
- Those of you who have successfully completed the Three Speed Adventure April challenge may be wondering: Where’s my prize pack? Patience, patience. I haven’t gotten around to getting the stuff designed and made yet. When? Well, I’ll probably do a batch order when I get around to designing/making stuff for the upcoming Three Speed October.
- And yeah, new memberships are still “on hiatus”. I’ll likely do those when I do the other stuff mentioned above. Sorry, Felix!
- Nope, no Three Speed Campout this year, just haven’t had the time. Maybe some cabin camping in winter? Who knows.
- And yes, there will be a Three Speed October challenge. Details to come.
- I’ll probably do one more ride for 2017, probably another Pub Crawl during the October challenge.
Yeah, I guess this sounds a bit downer. But to be truthful, I need to figure out how to build more enthusiasm for this thing, for myself and for others. The ride numbers have been dropping. It’s great that I have a loyal and fun crew that comes out for my Portland Three Speed Rides, but I want to reach more people.
I want to put more thought into having a big “event” ride, something similar to Lake Pepin and Bicycling Backwards (but not quite the same.) Something that would encourage folks from a wider area to attend. I just haven’t figured that out…yet. And believe me, I have been thinking about it since the debut of the society! If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know. One big caveat: It has to be close to Portland, and theoretically accessible by public transit.
But let me be clear: While I’ve slowed down a bit, this thing ain’t dead. I’ve been doing this for about four and a half years, so there’s going to be an ebb and flow. I just need to do more thinking, more planning. And the middle of summer when I’m busy with so many things is not the best time for that.
So stay tuned, there will be fun stuff ahead. And Viva Three Speeds!