Hello folks! Thank you so much for all your support! Since my Society of Three Speeds membership kit pre-order went live almost three weeks ago, I’ve gotten over 20 new and renewed memberships! You folks like the three speeds, I can see. And while many elements are now in place, like the patch, buttons, and stickers, there’s a few more things I am working on before the kit goes “live” in January 2019.
So, I’ve decided to extend the pre-order sale ONE MORE WEEK. Now you’ll have until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on Friday December 14 to get the kit for the price of $15 plus fees and shipping. After that date, the regular price will be $20 plus fees and shipping. And no, I’m not going to extend the sale after this point! So get in on it now! The only two ways I’ll be discounting memberships after the sale is over will be:
- At in-person events
- If you successfully complete a challenge like Three Speed Adventure April or Three Speed October.
And what do you get with the Society of Three Speeds kit?
- The patch!
- Two 1 inch buttons of the design
- Three 1 1/2 inch stickers of the design
- One year of Postcard Club. You’ll get about four unique event postcards sent to you!
- A subscription to the Society of Three Speeds email list, where you will be notified of upcoming SoTS events and other items of interest.
- Some other special goodness!
- And of course, your membership card with your membership number!
And to clear up some things that have been asked:
- If you are already a member, you will still retain your member number, you will not be a “new member” per se. (And no, you can’t get a new number if you are an existing member.)
- At some point (January), existing members will be able to purchase individual stickers, buttons, and patches a la carte. However, I’ve designed it so that the “best” deal for current and new members alike is to get in on the pre-sale. So don’t wait, order the kit!
- You can “gift” folks a membership. In the notes of the order, please indicate full name, mailing address, and email address of the giftee. If you want me to let them know who gifted them the kit, indicate that as well.
- Membership to the Society of Three Speeds is available to everyone, anywhere in the world. You do not have to live in the Portland area. While you won’t be able to go on the rides I put on in and around the Portland area, you will still be part of a larger global organization of three speed enthusiasts. We have members from all over the world!
- Speaking of rides, yes, please do a Three Speed Ride in (insert your town here.) I can’t be everywhere, and while the idea of having a ride in Kansas City or Winnipeg is appealing, I’m not going to be the one to make it happen. But maybe you can? Let me know what you’re planning, and I can try to help.
- You don’t need to own a three speed…yet. You do not have to currently own a three speed bicycle when you join the club. But you should definitely be into the idea of them, and pursue getting one in the next year or two.
Do you still have questions? Please let me know.
In other news, today is the last day of the New Old Stock 333 pre-order. Purchase NEW OLD STOCK 333 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time tonight, Friday December 7, get it for just $3! (plus fees and shipping) The regular price will be $4, so you save 25%! Purchase it here.