Hello folks! We are winding down to the “home stretch” of this year’s Three Speed Adventure April Challenge. We’ve got a full weekend plus a few more days until the month ends. So you still have time to work on the challenges!
And a brief reminder of what it entails: The Three Speed Adventure April Challenge consists of five separate challenges:
- Ride your three speed at least fifteen miles (25 km) in one ride.
- A climb of 5% or more grade, with a cumulative elevation gain of at least 100 feet (30 m).
- A bit of unpaved/dirt action, of at least a cumulative one half mile (1 km).
- Coffee outside via three speed.
- A bike overnight or bike camping trip by three speed.
You have until 11:59 PM local time on Tuesday April 30th to complete the challenges. (You can do your overnight on Tuesday April 30, but other challenges must be done prior to midnight.)
And to remind you of what you can get for completing challenges:
- Complete at least one challenge, qualify for the sticker
- Each challenge completed qualifies you for the corresponding one inch button (badge) for that challenge
- Complete three or more challenges, qualify for the patch!
- Not a member of Society of Three Speeds? Do at least one challenge to qualify for discounted ($15 plus shipping) membership!
Here is what it’ll break down for price:
- Stickers. Get two stickers for $2, plus shipping. This option is ONLY open to folks from outside the US.
- Stickers and buttons. Get the two stickers, plus one button for each challenge you complete for $7 plus shipping.
- Stickers and patch. Get the two stickers, plus one patch for $10 plus shipping.
- The whole shebang. Get two stickers, one patch, plus button for each challenge you complete for $15 plus shipping.
Please note: Buttons are not cheap to ship! This is why I’m offering some non-button options. Are you from outside the US? Getting the non-button options will significantly save $$ in shipping costs.
And please remember, to do this challenge, you must first register via Google Forms. When you do, I’ll email you the form to fill out for the challenges. You must fill out the Challenges form to qualify, even if you “share” your challenges elsewhere in the Internets. You’ll have the whole month of May to report, but the sooner you do, the better. Find all that info here.
So, how is the Challenge going! Good, so far! We’ve had seventeen people register, and eleven of those folks have reported completing at least one challenge. The people best documenting their challenges on the internets are (still) Happy Little Three Speed Bicycle and 3 Speed Seattle. Both of them have completed the overnight challenge–by camping! Congratulations! Cleotalk aka Ride Internal on tumblr also has been reporting. The tag #threespeedadvapr2019 turns up some stuff, but alas, it’s mostly me on there.
As for me? Well, last Saturday’s Three Speed Day Tour hit up four of the challenges, and yes, that’s by design! I still need to do the Overnight to get them all. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to before the challenge closes down, but who knows?