Hello friends! The last Portland Three Speed Ride of 2019 will be happening this weekend! Saturday looks like it’s going to be a GREAT early fall day, maybe a bit foggy in the morn (spooky!) but clearing and a high of 64F/18C. A great day for a little ride!
Meet me this Saturday October 5, 11 AM, at the Paul Bunyan statue in Kenton (intersection of N Interstate/Denver/Argyle), across from the Kenton MAX station. We’ll depart at 11:30 AM for a fifteen mile cruise around the reaches of North Portland.
Some notes about this ride:
- This ride is an “open class” ride, meaning all bikes are welcome, but three speeds (obviously) preferred. Don’t ask “Is my bike okay?” Just show up and run what’cha brung.
- We’ll have a tea stop somewhere along the way, bring your own tea and way to make it (stove, etc.) or bring pre-brewed tea. (Coffee OK too.) If you don’t have a way, practice your best puppy-dog eyes.
- Ride is not a loop, but it will end near food/drink and transit. I won’t divulge any deets, other than we start and end in the North “Quadrant” of Portland.
- This ride will qualify for one ride of the Three Speed October Challenge. Haven’t signed up yet? We’ll have a way for you to do so on the ride.
- I’ll have some Society of Three Speeds memberships and other SoTS swag available for sale. Do you know you want something? Please let me know by 8 AM on Saturday morning.