Despite not doing the Adventure April Challenge this year, there will still be three speed fun here in Portland! The Day Tour to Oregon City returns for Saturday, April 18.
It’s time for a lovely day tour on three speed bicycles! Destination: Oregon City, where we can have a fine lunch, use America’s favorite municipal elevator, tour the promenade, and see the Falls. Then we ride back to Portland. Lovely!
This ride is open to all bikes that have a three speed internal geared hub. Hub and bike can be of any age and from any country. We also accept four and five speed internal geared hubs, but nothing larger. No derailleur equipped bicycles unless: a) it is on a Brompton or b) derailleur acts as chain tensioner.
You do not need to be a member of Society of Three Speeds to be on the ride. If you are not a member, you can purchase a membership on the day of ride for just $15!
- This ride will happen on Saturday April 18 at 9 am. Location to be announced, it will be somewhere in inner SE or thereabouts. It will be close to a MAX station. All registrants will get the start location about a week before the ride.
- We’ll meet at a spot with food options. If’n you aren’t into a full breakfast, just meet us at the cafe by 10 am. This will be the departure time.
- The main ride is about 25 miles. The full route has not been finalized yet, but it will be (mostly) an out-and-back to Oregon City, much of it via bike path. There will be a small hill or two, no shame in walking.
- This is a LEISURELY ride. We will take our time, we will have breaks. Don’t think we’ll be done by 1 PM. Nope, this is not that type of ride! Expect to be out until early evening and you won’t be disappointed or stressed.
- We’ll have a good break in Oregon City to get sit-down food and adult libations.
- We’ll have a tea stop at some point. This is BYO, either bring hot tea or be prepared to make it with a stove. Coffee and other hot beverages are OK too.
- We plan on riding rain or shine. If it is truly stormy, this ride may be postponed or cancelled. But a little rain won’t stop us!
Are you interested in going? Please sign up via Eventbrite here. Registration is free, and only takes a couple minutes.