Hey hey hey, it’s just about Week Four of this year’s Three Speed Adventure April Challenge! For the week running April 19 through 25, 2020 (your local time), the theme is:
Three Speeds Carrying Stuff
What do I mean? I want to see three speeds in portage action. Three speeds are useful utility bikes, and they can carry things. These things can be bags, they can be items on racks or in baskets, things strapped and lashed to parts of bikes, etc. Or it can be as silly/practical as a spare wheel on your bike, as depicted above. Yes, there can be people/buildings/etc. in the shot. And yes, you can get creative.
Here are the fine print details:
- This can happen anywhere on earth.
- This is open to anyone who owns a bike with an internally geared hub of three, four, or five speeds. No more/less gears, no derailleurs, with the exception of Bromptons and chain tensioners. It doesn’t matter how old the bike is, or what country the bike came from.
- The photos can be fresh, or they can be from your archives.
- You can post one photo a day, with the maximum of six per week.
- The week runs Sunday at 12:01 AM to Saturday at 11:59 PM, your local time. I don’t care that it’s “Sunday in Uzbekistan”, it has to be Sunday where you currently are.
- You can post photos to your blog, Instagram, flickr, or tumblr. (No twitter or facebook, sorry.)
- Please tag your pic #threespeedadvapr2020
- Please write a good description!
- Make sure you mention the make and model of your bike (i.e. Raleigh Superbe), and year if you know.
- Let me know when you post. You can tag me in the post or email/DM me.
- Want to mail it in via post? Sure. You will need to include a photo, though. Email/DM me for more info.
- I will do my best to share as many posts as possible!
Alright, let’s see your photos, friends!