Hello friends! Yes, today marks the beginning of the 2020 Three Speed October Challenge. From now until Sunday November 1st:
- Ride a three speed bicycle
- Three times a week
- At least three miles (5 km) each trip
- For at least three weeks during the duration of the challenge
- During a five-week period that centers around the month of October
You can find full details (everything you wanted to know!) over here.
And you can register like thus:
- Basic Registration ($17 US, $22 elsewhere)
- Registration PLUS purchase/renew a Society of Three Speeds membership ($32 US, $37 elsewhere)
A few things to note:
- Yes, you still have plenty of time to register! I’ll keep registration open for most of the time of the challenge. But please register as soon as you can! The sooner you register, the sooner I can get patches and stickers sorted out. Registering later than sooner may mean you’ll miss out on the prize pack. But don’t worry, I’ll announce the cut-off if one happens.
- Yes, share stuff online! I love seeing what you are doing. Please let me know if you do, and if you are sharing via Instagram tag your posts #threespeedoct2020 But remember: Online stuff is supplemental, you still need to fill out your Official Reporting Journal to make it count!
- If you just registered and have not received your Official Reporting Journal (or have yet to register) but have done rides, just record them elsewhere until you receive the official packet.