Hello, friends of Three Speeds. The annual Three Speed April Challenge is back, and it begins tomorrow, Thursday April 1st! A big Thank You to those of you who have registered.
Haven’t registered yet? No worries! There is still plenty of time to register. Registration will be open for the entirety of the month. And you can do the challenge as late as Friday April 30th! You can do challenges before you receive your journal in the mail, just consult the full official rules and record your rides elsewhere. Then when you receive the journal, transcribe those rides into it!
But time has a tendency to slip away, so register NOW before you forget about it! You can register via my Etsy Shop, or get in touch with me directly if that doesn’t work for you. Register via the two Etsy links below:
- Just the registration $25 plus s/h
- Registration with the NEW Society of Three Speeds membership kit $45 plus s/h
And in case you forgot, the Three Speed April Challenge is open to all bicycles equipped with a three (and four, and five) speed internal gear hub (without derailleurs), and can happen anywhere in the world. It consists of five sub-challenges:
- Ride your three speed at least fifteen miles (25 km) in one ride.
- A climb of 5% or more grade, with a cumulative elevation gain of at least 100 feet (30 m).
- A bit of unpaved/dirt action, of at least a cumulative one half mile (1 km).
- Coffee outside via three speed.
- A bike overnight or bike camping trip by three speed.
Three Speed April 2021 will happen Thursday April 1st through Friday April 30th, 2021. All times local to you.
You can find the full details of the Challenge here.
And here’s what you get if you do the Three Speed April 2021 Challenge:
- Do at least one challenge, get two stickers.
- Do three of the challenges, get the two stickers and a patch!
- Do the Overnight as a camping adventure, you’ll get the “Three Speed Camping” sticker in addition to other prizes!
- Do all five of the challenges, get an extra sticker!
Sharing online? Tag your Instagram and flickr posts #3spdapr2021