You’ve probably heard about that Three Speed April challenge I run, where three-speeders have the month of April to complete one, several, or all of these five sub-challenges:
- Ride your three speed at least fifteen miles (25 km) in one ride.
- A climb of 5% or more grade, with a cumulative elevation gain of at least 100 feet (30 m).
- A bit of unpaved/dirt action, of at least a cumulative one half mile (1 km).
- Coffee outside via three speed.
- A bike overnight or bike camping trip by three speed.
Well, as Presidente of Society of Three Speeds, I must also practice what I preach. So I pulled out the trusty Robin Hood path racer, my most “rough-stuff” machine of planetary gear persuasion, and decided to do a ride on Friday April 2nd. It was a pleasant and mild spring day, sunny and a high of 62F/16C, the start of the…
View original post 375 more words