Since 2016, the concept of the Three Speed Challenge is simple: Ride your three speed during the month of October! Here are the basic stipulations of this challenge:
- Ride a three speed bicycle
- Three times a week
- At least three miles (5 km) each trip
- For at least three weeks during the duration of the challenge
- During a five-week period that centers around the month of October
This year the challenge will happen from Sunday September 26 to Sunday October 31st. Just like 2020, the challenge will be done by mail-in reporting. When you register you’ll be sent an Official Reporting Journal. You’ll record your rides in the journal and send it back to me (you pay postage for shipping to me). You’ll get the journal returned to you when I ship the prize pack.
The basic challenge has not changed much. You’ll need to do nine rides (three rides in three weeks) to get the full prize pack, two stickers and a patch. (Do one to eight rides and you’ll just get a sticker.) You can get all the pertinent details here.
But here is what’s new/different for 2021:
- The weeks are all calendar weeks (Sunday through Saturday) with the final week having eight days (ending on Sunday).
- The Make-Up Weekend will be a lot more liberal, and a lot longer. The Make-Up Period can start as early as Sunday October 17 and goes to the end of the challenge. You can make up any missed days from previous weeks. But you have to attempt your three weeks before you can do Make-Up Rides. See full info about the Make-Up Period for details.
Okay! Want in on the action? Go to my Etsy Shop and register. The basic registration is $25 plus s/h. Or, you can add on a Society of Three Speeds membership for a special price!