- Paypal me at email@example.com the appropriate cash for buttons plus shipping.
- Each button is $1. You get one button for each challenge you complete for each year. If you did Distance-Coffee in 2017 and then Climb-Rough Stuff-Coffee in 2018, that’s $5 total.
- Shipping is $4 for US, $10 for Canada, $14 for anywhere else. Please add this to the button cost.
- Unfortunately, buttons have to go first class package, and that’s expensive. I’m not trying to make money off of this, but if I try to “sneak” it by with postage for a first class letter and it gets returned, I’d be eating the additional shipping cost. And yes, this has happened to me.
- Either in the notes when you Paypal me, or in a separate email to this address, include your mailing address, and what buttons for what year.
- I’m trusting you to tell me which challenges you have completed, but if you have forgotten, let me know and I’ll figure it out.
- If you don’t have paypal, I can send an invoice via PayPal that you can pay with a credit card.
- Oh yeah, I also can accept payment via Square Cash. Let me know if you want to do that.
- If you don’t want to do Square Cash or PayPal, get in touch and we can figure something out. Be advised I don’t like taking personal checks.
- If you live in Portland, we can arrange a pickup for cash so you don’t have to pay shipping. Please note that this pickup is either going to be at my work on SE Hawthorne or at my house in NE (Woodlawn), at a time that works for me. I’m not going to deliver buttons, my life is too hectic.
- Also, if you live in Portland, I’ll have the buttons at the Three Speed Ride this Wednesday June 27, and also the Sunset/Moonrise Ride on Thursday June 28.
- And if you just don’t want the prize packs, that’s fine.
Hello folks! Eighteen folks “signed up” for the Three Speed Adventure April Challenge. Technically the deadline to report the rides was Friday May 18th. But so far, only seven of the eighteen have reported these rides. So I’m giving y’all a little more time!
If you have participated in the Three Speed Adventure Challenge, you have until the end of day (your local time) on Friday May 25th to fill out the report. It doesn’t matter if you only did one challenge, all five, or something in between, please fill out the form. It’s great that you blogged or Instagrammed your adventures, but please remember you need to fill out the form by deadline to qualify in the results and be eligible for the prizes!
If you have registered, you should have gotten the form emailed to you. If you did register via the Google Form shown below and for some reason HAVE NOT gotten the form, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have done the challenge and have not registered, please register via form below. If you are having difficulties, please email me.
Okay, let’s see your reports!
Hello friends of Three Speeds! It’s literally hours before Emee and myself hop on Amtrak’s Empire Builder and head east to St. Paul for the Lake Pepin Three Speed Tour. Fun! There’s a few items of housekeeping I want to get out of the way before I go:
- Three Speed Adventure April: Thank you everyone who has participated. I’m seeing the reports roll in. If you have completed any of the challenges, there is still time to file reports! You need to first a) register then b) you’ll get a Report Google Form emailed to you. If for some reason you haven’t received it, please get in touch! You’ve got until Friday May 18 to get it filed. Full details here.
- And yes, I am still working on prize packs. I know, a broken record I am. (skip…skip…skip…) I was hoping to have time the last few weeks, but getting this Pepin trip plus Pedalpalooza biz sorted was first priority. I will be working on it when I return home mid-month.
- Speaking of Pedalpalooza, there is still PLENTY of room for our Three Speed Campout on June 2-3! We are heading to Stub Stewart State Park. Expect $10-15 in costs. You will need to register for this trip, you can do that here. Limit eight folks on the trip.
- And a new Pedalpalooza first: I will be having a mid-week after-work Three Speed Ride! The Sunday rides have seen diminished participation over the years, so I’m trying something different. This ride will happen on Wednesday June 27th. We meet at 6 PM at the Paul Bunyan statue across from the Kenton/N Denver MAX station (Yellow Line). We depart at 6:30 PM on a 10 mile ramble. This is the one “open class” three speed ride for 2018, meaning ALL bikes are welcome, not just three speeds. Ride not a loop, but will end near food/drink/transit. And since this is an evening ride, it’s always wise to bring lights and layers!
- And now, the burning question you may be asking yourself: What bike is Shawn bringing to Lake Pepin? Well, it’ll be the Robin Hood path racer project! I’ve already brought the Superbe, so I need to bring something different. 😉 I just got it back from Velo Cult as I had the rear wheel rebuilt with an aluminum (Sun CR18) rim. A few other minor tweaks happened, including new tires. Yes, I went fancy and got a set of Grand Bois (Grand Bois!) tires in the 26″ x 1 3/8″ (650A or 590 mm) size. These tires are nice and supple, and not cheap nor easy to get. Yes, an indulgence. Let’s see if they are worth it. They are narrower than most tires in this size (more like 32 mm wide vs the standard 35) which I’m not excited about…
Alright, hopefully I’ll see a few of you out in Minnesota or Wisconsin this week!
Yes! Tomorrow, Sunday April 21st is the spring #threespeedride Meet at 1:30 PM at Rivelo, 401 SE Caruthers St. We depart at 2. Bring a hub geared bike of three, four, or five speeds. Ride ends at mystery destination and not a loop, but there will be transit options.Four of the five #threespeedadvapr2018 challenges will be met on the ride:
- A ride of 15 miles
- Climb of 5% or more grade for 100 feet of climbing
- Rough stuff/Gravel
- Coffee Outside (bring your own gear) which will happen nearer the end
A few notes:
- It’s going to be 60F and sunny!
- We will have a refreshment supply stop at the end
- Coffee/tea at end, bring snacks and maybe a picnic blanket
- There will be a few muddy spots!
See you tomorrow!😀
Hey folks! The Three Speed Adventure April Challenge is STILL going on! One of the challenges is a Bike Overnight. And Maria, aka, Bike Kitty is going to organize a Three Speed Campout!
She’ll be heading out to Oxbow Regional Park on Saturday April 28. That’s about ten miles from the east end of the MAX line. Here are her details, reprinted from her blog:
Do you like riding bikes? How about bikes with less than a jillion speeds?
I’m organizing a group camping trip to Oxbow Park the weekend of April 28-29 and invite you to come along. This will be a Society of Three Speeds ride, so it’d be grand if you can ride a 3 speed bicycle.
However, I want to have a nice sized group of fun-lovin bike campers, so bring whatever bike you have! We’ll meet at Cafe Delerium in Gresham at 2pm on Saturday, April 28th, then ride about 8 miles to the park. The cafe is a mere hop, skip and jump from the end of the line Cleveland MAX stop in Gresham.
Are you interested? Please drop me a note to email@example.com.
If there’s no interest, we won’t go!
PLEASE NOTE: Maria is the sole organizer of this campout, and I will not be able to go. So if you have questions about it, PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT HERE or ask me questions. Please get in touch with Maria via her email address above.
And if you cannot make this trip, do not fear! We have one scheduled for Stub Stewart on June 2-3. I should have registration up by the end of the month. If you are interested, please get in touch!
Well, not much, at least yet.
So far, fifteen folks have officially registered. But no one has completed ANY of the Challenge reports. So there ain’t much going down as far as I know.
There have been some murmurs, though. Velocipedium (on Instagram and Wordpres) has shared some images of a few rides, but I don’t know what the stats are. Our friend Tarik Saleh (of the Bike Club fame) has obtained a Schwinn Traveler three speed that he is fixing up to do the challenge. And I heard rumors that Maria aka Bicycle Kitty is doing a Three Speed Camping Trip to Oxbow Regional Park on Saturday April 28th.
So, if you’ve been doing the Challenge, let me know! Please remember that you need to register for it (see form below) and when you register, you’ll get the Challenges Form emailed to you. Have you registered and somehow HAVE NOT received said form? Please let me know!