IMPORTANT NOTE 6 Sept 2017: We still DO NOT HAVE new membership kits. I hope to have them by the end of 2017. Interested? Email me and I’ll let you know when they will be available and how much they cost.
IMPORTANT NOTE 2 April 2016: We have SOLD OUT of the old membership kits. We are still figuring out what the new kit will look like, this will take a few months. We hope memberships will be available again around July. Until then, we are not selling memberships, though when we get closer to having them ready, we’ll probably offer a pre-sale on new memberships.
What does membership to Society of Three Speeds (SOTS) entail? Besides showing support for three speed bicycles, here’s what you get:
- A membership card with your member number
Four one inch badges, each with a unique SOTS design. These buttons are currently ONLY available to members. You may elect to purchase more if you want. Four weather-resistant stickers measuring 3“ x 1.5“, each with a unique SOTS design. These stickers are currently ONLY available to members. You may elect to purchase more if you want.
- NOTE 6 Sept 2017: Not sure what new kits will have.
- A subscription to the Society of Three Speeds email list, where you will be notified of upcoming SOTS events and other items of interest.
- At least one postcard of upcoming SoTS events! We like doing things the “old” way here, so you’ll get the next postcard mailing from after your join date.
Do you want to become a member? All you need is to pay the nominal membership fee and abide by the Three Rules of the Society of Three Speeds:
- I will endeavor to promote three speeds as a viable means of transportation.
- I will not denigrate three speed bicycles and will not allow others to disparage these humble bicycles.
- I will ride my three speed bicycle with pride and immense enjoyment. If I have not yet procured a three speed bicycle, I will do my best to obtain one posthaste.
A note on membership numbers: Member numbers are given out in the order memberships are purchased. If you are member #82, for example, that means you are the eighty-second person to purchase a SoTS membership. If you would really, really, REALLY like to request a specific member number, fine! Just pay an additional $333 fee on top of the basic membership price, and we’ll get the number of your choice. Please note that we can’t give you a number that has already been taken, no matter the price, and if you insist on the member number being all threes, like, say, Member #333, multiply that number by 3 to get the fee you need to pay. For example, to buy member #333, it will cost you $999, #3333 will be $9999, and so on. If you don’t care about what number you get, don’t worry about any of that.
A note on shipping times, etc: I try to fill all membership orders within a week of receiving them. However, this is far from my full-time job, and I have many other things going on in my life. (For example, sometimes I’m out of town.) Please be patient. Feel free to contact me after two weeks of placing order by Paypal (three by post) if you have not received it. (Please remember that international post will inevitably take longer.) If I know there is going to be a delay, I will try to warn you.
A note on asking questions about whether you “qualify” for joining Society of Three Speeds: You’re already here, you qualify. Don’t make this any more difficult for yourself or for me by asking silly questions whether you’re “right” for this or not. Don’t delay, act today!