Yes, friends! The final Three Speed Ride of 2017 will happen this weekend! The date Sunday October 8 at 11:30 AM, depart at noon. We’ll meet at the Paul Bunyan Statue in the Kenton neighborhood of North Portland. This is at the intersection of N Interstate and Denver Aves, near Argyle St and just across from the Kenton/N Denver Ave MAX station on the Yellow Line.
A few items to note!
- It will be a 20 mile leisurely cruise around the lowlands of the Columbia River.
- As per tradition, we’ll do a tea stop (byo tea and snacks) somewhere down the line, then end at a place (or two) with food and (adult) beverages.
- The weather is going to be okay, party sunny with temps in the mid 60’s. Yes, there is a chance of rain in the AM, but just bring a rain cape because this ride is rain-or-shine.
- Ride not a loop, but will end near transit.
- Oh yeah, this one will be an “open” category ride. This means while three speed hub geared bikes are preferred, this three speed ride is open to ALL bikes. So no excuses! 😉 But as always, if you have the choice between a crabon-fibred machine and a Huffy, go with the Huffy.
- And yes, you can count this ride towards the Three Speed October challenge!
See you Sunday!